How to Disassemble a Bonzy Home Recliner for Stress-Free Transport
The initial thought of people when they want to know how to disassemble a Bonzy Home recliner is whether it is even possible or not. If it is, is it possible for the average Joe to do it themselves? We can tell you right away that there is absolutely no need for you to worry if you want to disassemble a recliner.
How to Disassemble a Bonzy Home Recliner
Disassembling a bonzy home recliner is quite easy to do. By following our step-by-step guide, you will be able to do so in a matter of minutes with just minimum effort.
However, we would like to make a note that there could be a possibility that you would void your recliner’s warranty if you open it up. Thus, it is best to speak to the company’s customer care team to be 100% sure.
Nonetheless, here are the steps you need to follow:
- To begin disassembling the Bonzy Home recliner, you first need to release the locking levers. To do so, simply tilt the recliner forward and then lift the back of the upholstery strip.
- Lift the recliner forward which will face the back towards the top. You will notice that several upholstered recliners come with a detachable panel that you can lift so that you can expose the inner frame. Find and detach the fabric to the base of the frame and then lift the upholstery.
- Now you need to locate the recliner’s rear locking levers. On the side of the recliner, check the frames for the locking lever. You will find this where the back and the arm join. There will most likely be a metal level that points towards a downward position.
- Lift this locking lever so that it will release the recliner’s back. You can use a flat head screwdriver or just your fingertips which can loosen and raise the lever to release the recliner’s back. After you have unlocked the lever, you can place the recliner back in its normal position and carefully remove the back from its frame.
- Now you can turn the recliner upside down so that the back of it faces the ceiling and the base of it faces you. This will allow you to access the recliner’s framework easily. Begin by locating the metal brackets which hold the arm to the seat cushion which is near the front of the recliner on both sides. Remove all the screws in every bracket by using a flat-blade screwdriver and turning it in a counterclockwise direction. Keep the screws safely aside.
- On each bracket, pull it outward towards the center of the recliner and away from its arms. Now you can flip the recliner back in its normal position. Lift the seat cushion’s front and swing it upwards as high as it can go.
- Search for the bolts which hold the seat cushion’s rear to the recliner’s arm then remove it with the help of an adjustable table wrench in a counterclockwise direction. Keep the bolts safely aside.
- Now you can lift the recliner’s seat cushion right from its base. Keep this safely aside too.
- You can turn the recliner back so that the bottom framework is revealed to you. There are two bolts which hold each of the recliner’s arm to the base of it. Remove these bolts with the help of adjustable wrench and turn it in a counterclockwise direction. Set these bolts safely aside.
- Now, you can turn your recliner upright and grasp its arm to pull it straight up. Repeat this same action for the other arm. Keep both the arms safely aside.
How to Make the Reassembly Process Easier
With so many parts all left open, it could potentially be tough to understand how you can reassemble the recliner. With the tips we have mentioned below, reassembling the recliner will be a piece of cake.
- It is imperative that you take as many pictures as you can when you disassemble the recliner. When you first tilt the recliner’s rear upholstery panel, make sure you click photos of the base, the frame, and all other relevant features. By doing so, you ensure that you know exactly how and where to put the parts when you are reassembling the recliner.
- If you aren’t fully confident with your mechanical abilities, you can also click pictures at every step of the disassembly process. This will serve as a guide when you are reassembling it.
- Keep all the screws, the bolts, and all other hardware in separate plastic bags. Alternatively, you can also use small containers to store these tiny parts. Make sure that you keep them into the container or the bag as soon as you remove them from the recliner.
- Also, make sure that you are using separate bags or containers for each of the hardware. This makes it quite easier to sort through the nuts, washers, bolts, and screws. Take this a step ahead by labeling each of the disassembled parts so that you are well aware of where you need to reinstall them.
- Begin the reassembly by replacing the back and locking the levers, and then place the recliner in a normal position. Slide in the detached seat very carefully back into its housing. Jiggle it a little until you are fully confident that it has gone all the way through. Turn the recliner forward so that the back of it faces upwards.
- Now, search for the locking levers and make sure that you push every single one of them down to lock the seatback into its original position.
Knowing how to disassemble a Bonzy Home recliner may seem like a daunting task at first, but if you follow our step-by-step guide thoroughly, we can assure you that you will be able to disassemble it in a matter of minutes. Be sure to be extra careful knowing where every single part goes when you have to reassemble, as this will make your job even easier.